Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Ichiban bashes his head after watching Zhao play dynasty warriors for a day straight and wakes up in an isekai where his friends are the three kingdoms characters. There. That’s one year covered. For free, Sega.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Yakuza: Dancing Friday Night

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Like A Dragon: Tactical Rush

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Sonic yakuza crossover. Do not come up with a premise or an explanation. Just have Sonic show up in Kamurocho to team up with Ichiban like when normal humans just were there the whole loving time in Sonic Adventure and in New Donk City in odyssey

Egg man’s going to team up with the Omi Alliance a yakuza group totally different from the omi alliance hanging on after the great dissolution to finally build Eggmanland as long as he agrees to hide it in a construction site and include a coliseum for blood sports

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cream the Rabbit owns a plot of land in the middle of the future eggmanland site

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

*Takuya Kuroda voice* LIVE AND LEARN

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
you can sometimes hear that song in the background of Karaokekan in 4/5 and I'm not even joking

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Captain Walker posted:

you can sometimes hear that song in the background of Karaokekan in 4/5 and I'm not even joking

Isn't it one of the purchasable CDs in either/both LAD7 or 8?

It's been a minute since I've played LAD7 and can't remember if that had CDs to collect but it rings a bell.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I never heard Live and Learn but I definitely heard Dreams of an Absolution playing in the background of some restaurant conversations in 4 and 5.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Isn't it one of the purchasable CDs in either/both LAD7 or 8?

It's been a minute since I've played LAD7 and can't remember if that had CDs to collect but it rings a bell.

Open Your Heart from SA1 is definitely in LAD8 but it's the instrumental only version. :mad:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I accidentally wandered into some huge cosplay festival in Osaka today and saw this guy

Pretty sure I have fought him on the streets of Yokohama previously

Fantasy based on reality.

https://twitter.com/DiabolicalSpuds/status/1789785801984765989?t=wBSlYSAMyOwY9xw6IB6qGQ&s=19

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
What's the deal with the Omi Alliance chairman?

Like in Yakuza 5 Kurosawa's the chairman and he's dying of cancer and he does a whole lot of bullshit to gently caress over his main guys, including his captain Watase who seems poised to take over the Omi in the aftermath.

Then 7 and Gaiden both have very brief mentions of an Omi chairman who's sick, while Watase is still the captain but also seems to be de facto in charge since he's the one making the announcement to disband, and no one talks like he's overstepping his bounds or they need to get the chairman to okay it.

Has Kurosawa just been sitting in a hospice for a decade being the leader of the Omi on paper while it just runs under Watase without him? Did someone else take the top spot but keep Watase on as captain and then fall sick later?

Feels like they could have just said Watase is the chairman and it all would've made just as much sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the omi have just as much ridiculous drama and conspiracies as the tojo. it just doesn't come up in the games unless the tojo are also involved. there's a millennium tower equivalent where every omi conflict is resolved via shirtless fist fights that we've never seen.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there's a millennium tower equivalent where every omi conflict is resolved via shirtless fist fights that we've never seen.

Surely it has to be the golden Osaka Castle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's what Majima gets up to between games

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Shyrka posted:

What's the deal with the Omi Alliance chairman?

Like in Yakuza 5 Kurosawa's the chairman and he's dying of cancer and he does a whole lot of bullshit to gently caress over his main guys, including his captain Watase who seems poised to take over the Omi in the aftermath.

Then 7 and Gaiden both have very brief mentions of an Omi chairman who's sick, while Watase is still the captain but also seems to be de facto in charge since he's the one making the announcement to disband, and no one talks like he's overstepping his bounds or they need to get the chairman to okay it.

Has Kurosawa just been sitting in a hospice for a decade being the leader of the Omi on paper while it just runs under Watase without him? Did someone else take the top spot but keep Watase on as captain and then fall sick later?

Feels like they could have just said Watase is the chairman and it all would've made just as much sense.

I've just been assuming that Katsuya was the new chairman, and he just let Watase run everything because Watase was the more memorable character/the one Kiryu knows.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ah, umeda sky building looks about right. godai wasn't the dragon of kansai because he was a tough dude with a dragon tat. no, he was the dragon of kansai because he had to fight his way through to the top of the umeda sky building on six separate occasions.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

ZiegeDame posted:

I've just been assuming that Katsuya was the new chairman, and he just let Watase run everything because Watase was the more memorable character/the one Kiryu knows.

I also feel like the Omi Alliance is a lot more factional/confederated than the Tojo Clan and the guy with the biggest family ends up being the de facto leader, instead of taking orders from above

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm still not really sure why the dojima family became sort of the hereditary leaders of the tojo clan even though sohei was never chairman. why did his widow end up in charge? why did daigo take over uncontested despite not being a yakuza?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

why did his widow end up in charge? why did daigo take over uncontested despite not being a yakuza?

Because literally every executive besides Majima and Kashiwagi was dead, and neither of them wanted the job.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

In the Omi Alliance, you take off your pants for the final boss fight

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
A collection of impressive and intimidating worm tattoos

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Ainsley McTree posted:

In the Omi Alliance, you take off your pants for the final boss fight

this explains the fistfight with Ryuji in Ishin - you have to honor both clans' traditions

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

The Chairman posted:

I also feel like the Omi Alliance is a lot more factional/confederated than the Tojo Clan and the guy with the biggest family ends up being the de facto leader, instead of taking orders from above

Omi alliance is like the emperor shogun situation back in feudal Japan. Pragmatically they are led by the guy with the biggest family, legally and formally they are led by that drumming clown robot that’s somehow a symbol of Osaka

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Is exp in Kiwami 1 just worthless once you’ve gone 48/48 in every node of the grids, or does it eventually unlock hidden nodes or something like that?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Regalingualius posted:

Is exp in Kiwami 1 just worthless once you’ve gone 48/48 in every node of the grids, or does it eventually unlock hidden nodes or something like that?

You do indeed run out of skills to unlock in K1's upgrade trees.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nah there’s no limit break thing in K1 so once all 4 grids are filled that’s it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/sylwahan/status/1791208337742139497?t=6JBgSbxfkDaOR6i9EdH8GQ

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

someone's gonna catch that sujimon

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tracecomplete posted:

this explains the fistfight with Ryuji in Ishin - you have to honor both clans' traditions

lol

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

The reason is that optical discs have better performance when you use all available space on them then when you leave portions blank so devs would fill it with either junk data, stuff that eventually gets them in trouble like the South Park episode and hot coffee, or stuff like this

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I started playing infinite wealth on rog ally and drat handheld yakuza that looks and runs like a ps4+ game owns

They need to port the entire series to the switch2

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The reason is that optical discs have better performance when you use all available space on them then when you leave portions blank so devs would fill it with either junk data, stuff that eventually gets them in trouble like the South Park episode and hot coffee, or stuff like this

Iirc sometimes they'd fill the disc with multiple copies of the data for load time reasons as well which is super fascinating to me. I think the idea was that instead of the head having to move to the very beginning of the disc or whatever it could just read it from a closer location?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah they both have similar reasonings - the outside edge of a disc spins fastest so you want to put the most regularly read stuff there, hence padding out the inside of the disc with poo poo so the disc is laid out in a way the laser will be happy.

Multiple copies of the data to speed up access is more common in installed pc (and ps4/xbox one era console) games pre-SSD proliferation.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I started playing infinite wealth on rog ally and drat handheld yakuza that looks and runs like a ps4+ game owns

They need to port the entire series to the switch2

I've been thinking that and the only ""issue"" i come up with is how would you split it on a physical release
Yakuza Kiryu Saga Part 1 (0, k1, k2, 3)
Yakuza Kiryu Saga Part 2 (4, 5, 6, Gaiden)
Yakuza Like A Dragon Collection (7 and 8)

or squeeze out more money by doing (0, k1, k2), (3,4,5) (6, 7, gaiden) and 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kiwami Collection (0, K1, K2)
Existing Remastered Collection (3, 4, 5)
Dragon's End Collection (6, Gaiden)
Like A Dragon Collection (7, 8)