Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cut for... time? Like going over the animation budget they mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

Cut for... time? Like going over the animation budget they mean?

Animatics and initial voice recording are often longer than the actual finished products. It's where animation is almost backwards from live action TV, where you do the editing before the finished shots are in the can.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Right but I'm asking why. He said cut for time like it is a network show.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They might be doing like a network show. Animate or just make animations for 5 more minutes than you need, so you have options and some wriggle room if you need edits that best fit the flow.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

I'm betting the plan is to eventually air it on tv as a secondary market, so they are cutting it for that. Also it could just be "animating this scene would cost us X extra, so we aren't going to do it so we can spend that money on Y."

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

BrianWilly posted:

Everyone wants this to tie into the MCU or whatever but with Onslaught on the board, truly the time is ripe for the Capcom crossover

I think the only thing about the show that's not working for me at all is Roberto. His story and dialogue feels like it's written by a far less competent team than the ones handling everything else, and his voice-actor is the most dishwater-dull out of the entire cast and the contest isn't close.

Roberto works fine in the context of the show for me, but I have to admit, he is not very entertaining without his typical New Mutants dynamics (the way he bounces off Cannonball in particular) and this "fumbling around trying to figure things out" Sunspot is less interesting than the modern "Gleeful rich bastard" version of the character

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

Might have just had it in the script/storyboard

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
"Cut for time" could also mean "We needed to get this episode in the can before a deadline, so we trimmed out some non-essential moments instead of completing them because it would have taken longer."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It sounds like a moment that really would have quelled some internet fan arguments and really, what could be more important in a TV show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Explaining things is contrary to the spirit of the original show.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Hey, I just wanted to warn anyone watching the new X-Men show: do not look up Bastion on Wikipedia. I tried to read his backstory and woke up in the hospital. I almost died. The doctors said I had the worst case of boredom they'd ever seen. The worst part was that it was all for nothing. I tried to explain the parts I could remember to my spouse and I could see their eyes glaze over as I felt myself slipping into unconsciousness, but I managed to catch myself just in time. I have a followup appointment on Friday, in the meantime I'm not allowed to take Benadryl or try to learn what Onslaught was about.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Halloween Jack posted:

Hey, I just wanted to warn anyone watching the new X-Men show: do not look up Bastion on Wikipedia. I tried to read his backstory and woke up in the hospital. I almost died. The doctors said I had the worst case of boredom they'd ever seen. The worst part was that it was all for nothing. I tried to explain the parts I could remember to my spouse and I could see their eyes glaze over as I felt myself slipping into unconsciousness, but I managed to catch myself just in time. I have a followup appointment on Friday, in the meantime I'm not allowed to take Benadryl or try to learn what Onslaught was about.

This, but for any piece of comic book lore.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Nic Cage will be the star of the live-action Spider-Man Noir show, btw.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I am completely cool with that.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

I am so so so so happy to hear this.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Do not go to YouTube if you haven't already seen X-Men 97's latest episode. Pretty easy to get spoiled.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

notthegoatseguy posted:

Do not go to YouTube if you haven't already seen X-Men 97's latest episode. Pretty easy to get spoiled.

Really? All I see on Youtube is full episodes of MST3K and Warhammer painting tutorials.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Gripweed posted:

Really? All I see on Youtube is full episodes of MST3K and Warhammer painting tutorials.

Push the button, TV's Tech-priest.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
re: 97 I really wanted those two lovebirds to finally kiss

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Joe Fisto posted:

Wolverine was in a coma, Morph didn't want to take advantage.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Joe Fisto posted:

Wolverine and Morph?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Anyone alone in a scene with Magneto

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Wolverine and Morph?

Yes but also Charles and Erik

EDIT

Twitter spoiler from the now X-showrunner

https://x.com/BeauDemayo/status/1790902190997110787

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 16, 2024

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1791256876287496437
Does the Silk show have to be about Silk? Couldn't it be about... Spider-Man?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Ralph Wiggum, rolling down the hill.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1791256876287496437

So the show isn't happening anymore, or is this about the earlier attempts before the current pickup of the show?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Per Variety, Amazon is not going to make the show, but Sony is trying to find another buyer.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The last three Spider-Man movies have all been about how cool it is to have lots of spidermen, but these dummies keep loving up movies and shows about extra spidermen!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

Per Variety, Amazon is not going to make the show, but Sony is trying to find another buyer.

Another classic Sony W.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I started watching Harley Quinn. Pretty good.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Gripweed posted:

I started watching Harley Quinn. Pretty good.

Season 2 ish on are great, with the caveat that you may want to pace yourself because it tends to hit the same notes

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

StumblyWumbly posted:

Season 2 ish on are great, with the caveat that you may want to pace yourself because it tends to hit the same notes

I can’t go into work and the internet’s down because of storm damage, and I have the first two seasons on Blu-ray, so I will not be pacing myself.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ok I watched the first two seasons of Harley Quinn. It’s good. The humor was good, the action and gore was good, and the voice acting was across the board very strong to excellent. Gotta highlight Lake Bell as Poison Ivy, absolute queen. I also really liked the take on Gordon, that’s a fun thing to do with the character.

My criticisms are that it takes way too long for Harley and Ivy to hook up, and I didn’t like Clayface. He’s an extremely one-note character. What’s especially annoying is that he works great in the college episode, where they write him literally exactly like Roger from American Dad. That’s great, make him Roger from American Dad, that’s so much better than how what he is in every other episode.

But still, good show, I liked it, and the gore is much better generally and much better integrated into the tone and writing than it is in Invincible.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Gripweed posted:

Ok I watched the first two seasons of Harley Quinn. It’s good. The humor was good, the action and gore was good, and the voice acting was across the board very strong to excellent. Gotta highlight Lake Bell as Poison Ivy, absolute queen. I also really liked the take on Gordon, that’s a fun thing to do with the character.

My criticisms are that it takes way too long for Harley and Ivy to hook up, and I didn’t like Clayface. He’s an extremely one-note character. What’s especially annoying is that he works great in the college episode, where they write him literally exactly like Roger from American Dad. That’s great, make him Roger from American Dad, that’s so much better than how what he is in every other episode.

But still, good show, I liked it, and the gore is much better generally and much better integrated into the tone and writing than it is in Invincible.

Don't forget about the lovely Ron Funches as King Shark. My favorite character on the show.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

howe_sam posted:

What happens if Disney buys it? Hypothetically.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix put out a video for the new season of Sandman which doesn't give a release date but claims that it is coming "soon"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

What happens if Disney buys it? Hypothetically.

That would just be a reverse of the mcu spider-man movies which marvel produces and sony distributes wouldn't it?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

That would just be a reverse of the mcu spider-man movies which marvel produces and sony distributes wouldn't it?

I don't get why this isn't what Sony and Disney do for all of them. As bad as a lot of people see the current crop of MCU films, they are not as dire as the Non Venom Sony movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because the relationship will end eventually and Sony wants to have something to fall back on.