Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listening to Billie's Happier Than Ever album again since I'm going to hear her new album in a movie theater tomorrow. I still love her voice but I don't love a lot of these songs. Hoping her new album is more my thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Look at this sick-rear end cover of vampire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae68c9o6eM8

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Thoughts on the new Billie album since I just got out of the listening event:

While more interesting instrumentally than Happier Than Ever, it's still no When We All Fall Asleep. The lyrical content on Happier Than Ever felt more ambitious than what's presented here. Still, there were highlights for sure, and I'm looking forward to listening to the album again at midnight to revisit those. It was a real treat to get to hear it in an AMC Dolby theater. Pretty much anything sounds great through one of those sound systems, this included.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
billy is gay as FUCKKKK!!!!!!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Billie certainly packed a lot into 10 songs. Including, on more than one occasion, multiple songs in one. I wonder how much pressure there was to get her to break them up for more streams. (Or maybe they're smart enough not to even try messing with her.)

The main thing I was hoping for was more stuff on the level of "The 30th", and I think we get that at least once, with "Wildflower". Another highlight is "Blue" which is basically an entire suite of movie end credits music.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sai-kun posted:

billy is gay as FUCKKKK!!!!!!
I love this part from LUNCH where she essentially tells a girl to sit on her face

quote:

She's takin' pictures in the mirror
Oh my God, her skin's so clear
Tell her, "Bring that over here"
You need a seat? I'll volunteer

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
skinny - boring af
lunch - good
chihiro - pretty good
birds of a feather - boring af
wildflower - boring af
the greatest - maaaaaan why is this album so boring wtf
l’amour de ma vie - okay, still quite boring tho, oh wait it just got good!!!!!!! that outro slapped
the diner - pretty good, production is cool but not a great actual song
bittersuite - kinda zoned out for this one honestly
blue - the least boring of the boring tracks but still nothing that really piqued my interest

drat that was a real disappointment :( just felt very samey and meandering a lot of the time

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I’m surprised you think it’s a boring album, especially songs like Wildflower , I get wanting “bad guy” type songs but removing that- these songs are so beautiful to me.

I love it. I cranked it in the car today and had a blast through the whole thing.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://youtu.be/MB3VkzPdgLA?si=gohUBybBZwUn3AMl

Old school video

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmao that video rocks

I don’t need an album full of bad guys but this isn’t even an album full of when the party’s overs imo

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

somnambulist posted:

I cranked it in the car today

gross!!!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lol

I'm listening to the Billie album for the third time (this time on my good headphones) and the production is good, nothing exceptional, and I like her voice as usual (especially on BIRDS OF A FEATHER), but these songs aren't earworms to me like a lot of the stuff on When We All Fall Asleep is. This will probably be the last time I listen to it for a while, and it's def not ending up on my favorite albums of the year list.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Hey now Billie Eilish is pro-masturbation we’ve already been through this

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I shoulda paid attention whenever people itt mentioned Noah Kahan before because Stick Season is pretty good but that Dial Drunk song owns

Seafea
Mar 21, 2003

They say it's not what life throws at you, but how you deal with it.
Love the new Billie Eilish album. The synths on Chihiro are so good!

I

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Seafea posted:

I

Agree, its really good. Especially when the synths go hard like this and on the rest of the album. Huge improvement from the last record

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Seafea posted:

I

I *love* Chihiro. That bassline paired with the way they played with her voice on the chorus.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/_Lq7ov51bnE

interesting interpretation

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rageaholic posted:

I love this part from LUNCH where she essentially tells a girl to sit on her face

Oh sure everyone loves it when Billie Eilish says sit on my face, yet when I shout the same thing from my car to the girls at Planet Fitness it's an international incident all of a sudden!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

I really have not been impressed with most of the tracks from this tribute album. I liked Lorde’s take on Take Me to the River, especially the weird tape drop effect in the second verse. But some of them….

Like Girl in Reds Girlfriend is Better is awful. She ends up turning the song into pure nonsense, and just jumbles up all the lyrics.

Miley’s take on Psycho Killer left me cold. I really hate her additional lyrics because it turns the song from a first person account to a third person account. The whole “I love the psycho killer” stuff is bad.

Then again, tribute albums are by their nature hard to pull off. If I want to listen to Stop Making Sense, am I going to listen to a random selection of artists or am I going to listen to the real thing.