Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The Door Frame posted:

So they did sell the Kübelwagen stateside

Only from 1973-74.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

david_a posted:

I thought that was nitromethane

that would make more sense, it's basically a monopropellant

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/inside-story-elon-musk-mass-100216178.html?guccounter=1

Pretty much confirmed K-Dick fired the Supercharger team because a woman said no to him

david_a posted:

I thought that was nitromethane

I think they said nitroboost so that'll be right.

Furiosa only another week before it comes out. Thats def not terrible car stuff going by George Miller's track record.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Furiosa only another week before it comes out. Thats def not terrible car stuff going by George Miller's track record.

Oh, yeah, already anticipating that one.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/inside-story-elon-musk-mass-100216178.html?guccounter=1

Pretty much confirmed K-Dick fired the Supercharger team because a woman said no to him

I think they said nitroboost so that'll be right.

Anya Taylor-Joy was grown in a vat by scientists to be like catnip to me. I can't not watch everything she's in. I'm stoked for Furiosa.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

She's a person, that's gross

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Krakkles posted:

She's a person, that's gross

Yeah she's probably sticky, sweaty and hairy and farts and snorts like the rest of us, but it's not polite to point out.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

evobatman posted:

Yeah she's probably sticky, sweaty and hairy and farts and snorts like the rest of us, but it's not polite to point out.

especially given the context, where we're discussing her charisma as an actor. bringing up her base bodily functions is demeaning and objectifying imo

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Can you dorks relax? The man likes an actress for I’m sure numerous reasons. He’s allowed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

evobatman posted:

I suddenly realise how close yet so far we are to another Tank Girl.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I suddenly realise how close yet so far we are to another Tank Girl.

Now you're talking my language but I fear like the recent Crow remake it would miss the mark entirely.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Lol this is going to derail the J3400/NACS standardization for EVs, it's not fully accepted as standardized by SAE yet, it's still pending. Everyone on the Supercharger team got fired and locked out of their poo poo, nobody's going to have a clue what the gently caress is going on when they need to talk with people about this poo poo, and just about every EV maker selling in the US has either planned to abandon CCS for NACS, or is already in the process of making vehicles with NACS connectors already.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Disrupting the automotive industry as usual, I hope the autopilot lawsuit ends well.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
*double post*

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

Can you dorks relax? The man likes an actress for I’m sure numerous reasons. He’s allowed.

The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life, and poisons the earth with a plague of men

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Not Wolverine posted:

Disrupting the automotive industry as usual, I hope the autopilot lawsuit ends well.

Yeah, love the way Elon gets sued for his "autopilot" killing people and immediately doubles down on it as the future of the company. The guy is incapable of handling being wrong.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
hopefully his ego doesnt kill a lot more people before he is ever held accountable if ever. :smith:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Yeah, love the way Elon gets sued for his "autopilot" killing people and immediately doubles down on it as the future of the company. The guy is incapable of handling being wrong.

Destroying my own company's actual competitive edge to...own an exec who didn't bow and scrape?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Arrath posted:

Destroying my own company's actual competitive edge to...own an exec who didn't bow and scrape?

She surely must have learned her lesson!

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

hopefully his ego doesnt kill a lot more people before he is ever held accountable if ever. :smith:

Nah, he's far too rich to be held accountable.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9a3GR1HJY

matt finally weighing in

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
this is the lamest future.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

this is the lamest future.

People often overlook the dystopia part of cyberpunk dystopia.

Cyberpunk: We have electric cars that are supercar fast!
Dystopia: That are ugly and poorly built to enrich a racist ketamine addict.

Cyberpunk: You can communicate with anybody anywhere at any time
Dystopia: It's primarly used to scare morons into self harm and sell dick pills.

Cyberpunk: You can have anything you want on your doorstep by tomorrow morning.
Dystopia: built by slaves, packaged by slaves, delivered by slaves.

Cyberpunk: Private space race
Dystopia: At the cost of planet earth.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Powershift posted:

People often overlook the dystopia part of cyberpunk dystopia.

Also the punk part.

If you're driving around in a brand new $120,000 vanity pickup truck, you aren't a cyberpunk. The cyberpunks are riding hacked chinese e-bicycles. You're one of the corpos who gets his head cut off with molecular wire.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
We're just another batch of monkeys away from cyberbrains

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cyberpunk: richest guy in the worl develops brain chip
Fictional dystopia: they work but people brains get hijacked
Boring dystopia: they dont work and they still kill you

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Speaking of cyber truck, here's an interview with 1 of 2 owners in Maine

quote:

Carter loves the thing but still questions whether the hot wheels are worth all the attention. If he had to go back and click “place order” again, he’s not sure he would.

quote:

"Do you have any insight of why people are so negative?” he asked. “I’m really shocked at how angry people are.”

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Deeters posted:

not angry; just disappointed

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

To be disappointed we'd need to have positive expectations. I think most of us are well past expecting anything positive out of Elon.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The CYBERTRVKKK is the Fyre Festival sandwich of vehicles

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Deeters posted:

Maine sounds cool

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

don't you dare desecrate a tasty cheese sammich like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

lol no that sandwich is way more utilitarian and useful