Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ruddiger posted:

What are the problematic predator stories? Also is marvel still denying royalties to the creatives who worked on those dark horse books?

For the later, almost certainly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ruddiger posted:

What are the problematic predator stories?

I don't know for sure, but I have the suspicion that Predator: Race War might be a little bit problematic.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jedit posted:

I don't know for sure, but I have the suspicion that Predator: Race War might be a little bit problematic.

That's a weird miniseries. The writer was a crime novelist and it felt like he was trying to write that but also there is a Predator (which admittedly was most of the DH series but it works better elsewhere) and the series ends in a prison with the black and white prisoners coming together to fight the Predator so haha a war on different races!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I think it was Hell Come A Walkin, which included confederates, and a Dark Horse presents one off with Nazis. The book went from 1048 to 996 pages after the change

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I finished Hellboy In Hell the other night without even knowing it. I didn't know the 10th chapter was the last one until I continued the following night and saw the afterword. I was pretty underwhelmed, but what's the general consensus on it?

Also, I have the reading order from last year, and there's a lot beyond that, but all set in the 40s and 50s? Does the timeline just kind of end with Hellboy goes to Hell? I guess I'll find out when I continue with that reading order now that I got that Humble Bundle of almost literally everything in that universe.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

IUG posted:

I finished Hellboy In Hell the other night without even knowing it. I didn't know the 10th chapter was the last one until I continued the following night and saw the afterword. I was pretty underwhelmed, but what's the general consensus on it?

Also, I have the reading order from last year, and there's a lot beyond that, but all set in the 40s and 50s? Does the timeline just kind of end with Hellboy goes to Hell? I guess I'll find out when I continue with that reading order now that I got that Humble Bundle of almost literally everything in that universe.

Yeah, Hellboy in Hell was more low-key than I expected. There's follow-up in later volumes of BPRD.

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
The actual final appearance of Hellboy is in the last few volumes of the BPRD series. Series as a whole is good, recommend, but I don't know if the for-real actual last Hellboy story is itself any more satisfying as a finale than Hellboy in Hell, though.

Anything with Hellboy that's been published since then is all earlier in the timeline. I think there's been at least one little story set in the universe after the big finale, but the big guy's story is over by then so he's not in it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

With Cobra Commander wrapping up I think we're onto the next phase of the Skybound GI Joe-a-verse and it's been really, really solid. Kelly Thompson's doing a Scarlett miniseries the first week of June and I think Destro starts the week after or so.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

IUG posted:

what's the reading order, I just bought the same bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I’ve done (and older version of) this one in the past:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/annotations/hellboy-reading-order-2023/