Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gripweed posted:

An adaptation of the original manga. Hopefully one that actually stays true to the Major’s characterization.

The art style is certainly more consistent with the original comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
more like the manga so more relentlessly horny? or was that just his other work?

I'm down tho

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Light Gun Man posted:

more like the manga so more relentlessly horny? or was that just his other work?

I'm down tho

There was an excised explicit sex scene on one page in the original Dark Horse printing of the manga. It was a pretty big shock when I reread a newer print and it was in there. I don't recall the rest of the manga being nearly as horny as that though. It's honestly unnecessary and gratuitous.. and if this adaptation skips it, nothing will be lost.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
Shirow's arc into extremely horny digital art has been documented widely - this recent Comics Journal article has a good overview of his early work, including GITS.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm down tho

in the manga the Major is a more and tumble type, she likes drinking and bants with the boys. And when she gets time off she spends it having lesbian yacht sex vacations in VR.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
stand alone complex also had gratuitous sex, it was just narrative and portrayed as a base defilement

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

scary ghost dog posted:

stand alone complex also had gratuitous sex, it was just narrative and portrayed as a base defilement

So did the original pacman. Just the graphics were so basic no one could tell what was really going on.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

scary ghost dog posted:

If it was relevant to the plot or had thematic value, then it wasn't gratuitous.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Gripweed posted:

If it was relevant to the plot or had thematic value, then it wasn't gratuitous.

Oh, directors can still find a way to make plot and thematically relevant sex scenes gratuitous.

They're often pretty good at it actually.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

science saru is really good and I'm here for p much anything they do
Yeah I'm down with Saru, it's just funny there's yet another kick at the GITA can coming our way. I noped out of SAC_2045 after one ep

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

in the manga the Major is a more and tumble type, she likes drinking and bants with the boys. And when she gets time off she spends it having lesbian yacht sex vacations in VR.

hell I would too

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
💯 Shirow's manga are always full of great little moments like these, especially Dominion & Appleseed

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darthemed posted:

I can't believe this is real, it feels like something out of The Critic.

There's really not that much drama to be mined from Gertrude Ederle's life. The only part is maybe a coach she that might've been a creep who tried to sabotage her attempts and who she fired. But she was a good swimmer that had won olympic medals. had the full support from her family, had massive public support and two newspapers paid her expenses.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

💯 Shirow's manga are always full of great little moments like these, especially Dominion & Appleseed

I wish they’d do a modern reboot of dominion tank police. The last thing came out almost 20 years ago.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The pilot for that is up on youtube in its entirety.

Man, it did not age well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The pilot for that is up on youtube in its entirety.

Man, it did not age well.

Never saw the 2006 one, only the 80s ones and that was back in college in the 90s. I just remember liking the vehicle designs