Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Monmouth has been crazy busy every time I’ve walked by it in the last few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantsfree
Oct 22, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Monmouth has been crazy busy every time I’ve walked by it in the last few months.

Always has been. Queues around the block a decade ago.

They’re very traditional, dark roast, long standing sourcing relationships. Have stuck with it despite coffee culture moving on and do very well for themselves. Not my style of coffee, but they make a nice milk drink.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Nah, I’ve walked straight in a few times over the years, this seems busier!

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

I'm usually at the Borough Market one which is hell on weekends but fine midweek.

I also went to Arôme bakery recently and they are excellent for coffee too. That honey toast was amazing. Seems like another spot that would get crazy busy though.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Monmouth has really really really (really!) good gingerbread cookies

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

:hmmyes:

I ate it, but regret my decision. I always got the kejriwal (eggs on chilli cheese toast), and I should have had that this time too.

Also I went to pay with cash, only to be told they don’t give change. Like, no, you’re not getting a £14 tip on top of the service charge. The waiter seemed slightly put out when I took my cash back and took out my card.

Lol, I would just have refused to pay

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Watch House is great, to be fair. And they're cropping up everywhere with no impact to quality.

NOLA in Peckham is also divine.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Coffee chat: I usually just buy beans and make coffee at home, but in the NW I can recommend Amoret at Notting Hill Gate for both coffee and beans.

My local cafe is a Four Boroughs and they use Assembly. I can't speak to the other places but my Four Boroughs does a great coffee and so I just grab Assembly for my default home bean.

The Arcade Coffee & Co in the tunnel under Herne Hill station does a fantastic coffee. I see they also have a store at East Dulwich. No idea whose beans they use.

I'm an Aussie and prefer a lighter espresso roast and milk-based coffees, so factor that in.

Happy to take other people's reccs south of the river, too. I've been meaning to check out F Mondays in Brixton.

yung lambic posted:

NOLA in Peckham is also divine.
I'm often in Peckham so I'll check them out next I pass. Thanks!

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

IMO, kidnapping James Hoffman and forcing him to make you coffee and source comfy sweaters for you is the pro move here.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Wait that's an option?

James Hoffman :kimchi:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My YouTube algorithm has recently come across Hoffman, and his dry yet somehow slightly goofy sense of humour hits me perfectly. :3:

Him giggling while trying the various American coffee creamers endeared him to me no end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Dark Arts have incredible responses to Hoffman's videos.

Also their coffee is good.