Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Cat Hatter posted:

Breaker finder worked great. The auto calibration is neat. My wife was impressed that such a thing exists and glad she no longer needs to perform her wifely duties wrt hanging out waiting to tell me I've flipped off the right breaker.

I thought a breaker finder was just a boombox plugged in to whichever outlet you were trying to isolate until you stopped hearing limp bizkit blaring through the halls of the house ? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

coupedeville posted:

I thought a breaker finder was just a boombox plugged in to whichever outlet you were trying to isolate until you stopped hearing limp bizkit blaring through the halls of the house ? :v:

Yeah, but then those damned kids ruined everything with their Bluetooth speakers that run off batteries. Bring back stereo sound!:okboomer:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Might as well have a fire pole at that point

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

What do you think that thing to side is?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Meow Meow Meow posted:

Sharing a set of steps in my neighbourhood. They've done some improvements to this set in the past week, they've painted the pallets black and also enclosed one side with plywood, indicating that this is a permanent installation.

So many rodents are going to live in that

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gives the space that ship feeling. :blessed:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Better than some south Phiily rowhome basement stairs I've been on.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Maybe they are a former Navy/sailor and wanted to feel like they were on a ship again?

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

*stairway to heaven intensifies*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SpartanIvy posted:

So many rodents are going to live in that

It's practically a condo.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Mordor is jealous.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

How does someone use those stairs and not fall down them?

Other then just slide down on your rear end? Maybe I am just figuring my uncoordinated self would need 10 minutes and complete concentration to get up those stairs to not catch my size 14 feet on the steps and break something falling down.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Like a ladder, facing the stairs

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Orvin posted:

How does someone use those stairs and not fall down them?

Other then just slide down on your rear end? Maybe I am just figuring my uncoordinated self would need 10 minutes and complete concentration to get up those stairs to not catch my size 14 feet on the steps and break something falling down.
If you live in a country, where stair threads are standardized, you sort of get used to them, and just cruise along. But if you're living in the libertarian paradise like Russia, Somalia or China, where people just build whatever the gently caress, you adapt. You intuitively learn to pay attention every time you traverse a new stairwell, and then suffer accordingly.

That photo is taken in North America, and it's a full height basement. And I think those stringers would definitely work, if they were to be turned 90°

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

All the safety of pull-down attic stairs and all of the convenience of normal, fixed stairs.

edit: also check out the rail and how much engagement there is between it and the wooden post nominally holding it near the bottom step.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
It looks like a normal staircase in the Netherlands to be honest.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

My favorite part is the railing just kinda resting on the corner of the post. Hope you don't need it!

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass

kemikalkadet posted:

It looks like a normal staircase in the Netherlands to be honest.

Lacking suitable geography, they need this to add the delightful frisson of danger of falling down a cliff to their lives.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Dutch assure me that they go mountain biking.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Platystemon posted:

The Dutch assure me that they go mountain biking.

How - up the stacks of containers in the Europoort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Computer viking posted:

How - up the stacks of containers in the Europoort?

They have a small hill on the border with Belgium & Germany, which I'm guessing they consider a mountain?