Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Brrrmph posted:

Body only it’s $500 more than the X-T30ii. That’s ridiculous. I love Fuji but the X100 series success may have gone to their heads. A FF Nikon Z6ii is less than $100 more on B&H.

With the R&D being so low for it and most the parts being robbed Xt5 ones, they probably guess they can risk it.
Doesn't sell? Knock off a few hundred in 6 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

With the 40MP sensor, and the film simulation dial replacing the ISO dial, it looks like the X-T50 is being positioned as an X100 alternative for those interested in changing lenses. The big MP number might also help in marketing against the entry-level full-frame offerings from Canikony, and the current crop of 40MP+ smartphones

There's still room for an X-T300 with the 26MP sensor to be the retro twin to the X-S20, and to occupy the space where the X-T30 II lived

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I don't get it at all, weather sealing alone is worth the extra $300.

Oh well if it keeps tiktok busy and prevents Fuji from loving with the X-T6 (please god don't go completely insane because of the X100) it's fine.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm not tempted by the X-T50 at all but a film simulation dial seems like a bridge too far. New lens looks nice, I might get an X-T5 with it when I finally make the leap to interchangeable lenses.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fuji watched one too many YouTube vloggers getting wet over their film sims and decided the only logical choice was to build a camera around that.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The idea of being able to switch film sims without menu diving is good but it doesn't need its own dial. Make it something you can set one of the buttons/dials to do. And include the custom sims since I use those most of the time. And also a way to reset everything to zero without having to burn one of your custom sims on it.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
You can already set any of the little wheels/dials (at least on the X100V) to scroll between film simulations.

The dial itself also only controls the base simulation used; it feels like it would be way more useful if it could be set to scroll between profiles.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

xzzy posted:

Fuji watched one too many YouTube vloggers getting wet over their film sims and decided the only logical choice was to build a camera around that.

Definitely feels like this camera was designed by marketers while engineers and photographers sat on the sideline.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

illcendiary posted:

You can already set any of the little wheels/dials (at least on the X100V) to scroll between film simulations.

Huh, I missed that. I do have a Q menu set up for my custom film sims and that's easy to navigate. Still going to complain there's no way to reset all the jpeg stuff to zero unless you use a custom sim for it, and for whatever reason you only get seven of those on a T4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.
Honestly, it’s dumb pricing. But if it keeps people off the pro stock, I’m fine.

I keep an x-t30ii as a backup. It’ll never be my primary camera though.

I’ll wait a while till the X-T6 comes out and buy a used 5 for $1000.