Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Don't do any repairs on someone else's property. I'm pretty sure it's written in the lease somewhere. Because now you're on the hook for all subsequent damage, or at least up to the amount of your security deposit.

There is not going to be a plumber on taskrabbit, not a real one anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

After reading plumber and task rabbit I expected far worse than what I read. That's like hiring an electrician from under the tree in a home depot parking lot.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

That said, your drain will (probably) not explode. Post a picture.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah first and foremost everyone is right in making fun of you for hiring someone on task rabbit to work on your landlord's property.

That being said, to maybe calm your anxiety: Yes P traps are pretty elementary in terms of plumbing. No one can correctly assume what went wrong without seeing it. P traps come in sections so you can easily clean them out. They are supposed to be hand tight-ish, so this literally might be a moment of needing to tighten is just a hair more. It's a drain, the only likely chance of it exploding is if you are pouring explosive chemicals down it.

Maybe you post a pic and people are like "Yeah just tighten that part" but you're still going to (rightfully) get a lot of "don't do maintenance on rentals" -- because it's rule #1.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 17, 2024

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
It doesn't sound this way, but for all we know the landlord sent the task rabbit person to do the work.

I agree you shouldn't do repairs on your rental, but if all op needs to do is tighten the slip but on their drain, they don't need to involve the landlord.