Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Man I love the bronco. But the fuel efficiency is soooo bad.

It is kind of the natural order of body-on-frame SUV things. Is it sad that I look at the specs for the new Land Cruiser and sigh at the > 20mpg fuel economy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Man I love the bronco. But the fuel efficiency is soooo bad.

Both the new Bronco and Wrangler go ~60% further on a gallon of fuel than my TJ does so that doesn't seem so bad.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Both the new Bronco and Wrangler go ~60% further on a gallon of fuel than my TJ does so that doesn't seem so bad.

An oil well fire goes further on a gallon of fuel than my TJ ever did.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Aren't the V6 Broncos rated to something like 19 combined? Is that what they get real world?

My JKU gets 14, so that'd be a decent upgrade mileage wise!

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

lol my lifted XJ gets the best mileage of any of my three cars

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Yeah, I remember looking at the 4 door badlands and seeing 17 mpg highway with a 4 cyl turbo at the LA auto show last year.

I see that other models aren't as bad.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What my 2 door manual 4 cylinder Badlands is rated at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Aren't the V6 Broncos rated to something like 19 combined? Is that what they get real world?

My JKU gets 14, so that'd be a decent upgrade mileage wise!

Yeah, it was downright pleasant fuel mileage compared to my JKU/35s haha.